Volunteer for the Reunion
Did you love your time at Yale?
Did you make long lasting friends at Yale?
Do you want to give back to the community that was so important to your experience?
1. Sign-up for Asian Alumni Career Networking with Current Yale Students
- Please sign-up to attend an informal networking/mentoring session to share your career journey/advice with current Yale students on Sunday, April 13th 10:30am-12pm
- No advance preparation necessary and breakfast will be served!
- Please fill out this short form to be a part of this event: http://ow.ly/s2aTj
2. Submit Photos or Mementos for Yale Asian American Cultural Center (AACC) Exhibit and Memory Lane
- To commemorate this historic reunion, the AACC Student Leadership is putting together a special exhibit showcasing the history of Asians and Asian Americans at Yale: from the early days in the 60s, to the growth of Asians on campus in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and finally the diversity of cultural identities and groups on campus today
- Please help by submitting any mementos related to your Asian experience at Yale, especially photos and/or physical objects that can be displayed as part of the exhibit
- All submissions should include a short description/context, and photos can be scanned/digital copy. Submissions/any questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate to the Yale Asian Community
Donate to Support the Asian American Cultural Center and other Pan-Asian activities for Yale Students
Donate to Support the Association of Asian American Yale Alumni
Call for Nominations: AAAYA Distinguished Service Award
The AAAYA Distinguished Service Award is presented to recognize outstanding service to the Asian/Asian American and Yale communities. The award acknowledges excellence in leadership supporting Asian/Asian American awareness, and honors the contributions rendered by an individual related to the Yale community.
Nominees must possess a relationship to Yale (alumnus/a, current employee, emeritus employee, etc.) and demonstrate at least some of the following criteria:
- Significant ongoing contributions to the Asian/Asian American communities in the United States
- Significant ongoing contributions to the Asian/Asian American communities at Yale University
- Significant contributions to furthering knowledge/scholarship about the Asian/Asian American diaspora worldwide
- Values congruent with the AAAYA, AYA, and Yale -- including service, scholarship, and leadership
- Behavior that is a model for future generations of Yale alumni
- Efforts to instill broad public value for diversity of cultural understanding
Process and Timing
The award for 2014 will be presented at the Yale Asian Alumni Reunion (April 11-13, 2014). The deadline for the submission of nominations is February 21, 2014.
To nominate yourself or someone you know, please submit the following information to email@example.com.
Degree & Year
Nominee Name (if different)
Degree & Year or Yale Affiliation (position & rank, etc.)
A statement of nomination that addresses the six criteria listed above - statement should not be longer than 500 words.
Before making a nomination, please ensure that the person nominated is willing to accept the award, if chosen, at the Alumni Reunion on April 11-13, 2014.